Loving the Low-Carb Lifestyle

suggestions, recipes, and ideas for staying low-carb

Sunday, May 25, 2008

What A Crock!

The wonderful women that I work with are always talking about the great meals that they make in their crock-pots. It seems pretty convenient when I hear them talking about these meals. They also sound like fantastic meals. It seems like every meal they make in the crock-pot has meat that falls off the bone. They talk about the great flavor, and how easy it is to just fill the crock-pot, and then come home to the meal. I decided to look into recipes for the crock-pot, and then decide if it was a purchase I wanted to make. Let's face it, with teaching for eight hours, and then heading to my personal business for another five hours, I need something that is ready to eat when I get home, or I am eating at 10:00 at night. That is just not healthy, and I realize it. Unfortunately, almost all of the recipes that I came across were loaded with carbs, mainly because they all contained potatoes. So, what's a girl to do? I want the convenience, but certainly not the carbs. Then, it happened. I found some recipes that are designed for the slow-cooker (that's the machine, not the person), and are lower in carbs. I am going to be posting these recipes for the next few days, maybe weeks, if I can find enough. Hopefully, they will all taste as great as the few that I have made so far. Thanks to my great friends at work for pointing me in the direction of the crock-pot.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home