Loving the Low-Carb Lifestyle

suggestions, recipes, and ideas for staying low-carb

Friday, February 4, 2011

That's Amore

As long as I can remember, I have always pulled the toppings off of a pizza and throw the crust away, instead of just eating it like a normal person. This tends to amuse people who see it. I guess it's pretty common for a child to do it, but a 29 year old mommy doing it seems to cause a little more commotion. Fortunately, this led me to a great idea. I make a pizza topping for myself when I am cooking for one. If I did this for my husband for dinner, he would be speechless, and not in a good way. Because of this, I make sure that this is only something I do when it's just me eating dinner.

I take a cake pan and line it with a layer of pepperoni. I then spread a small amount of tomato sauce with meat in it across the top. I sprinkle a heavy amount of cheese on top, and then I bake it in the oven at 350 degrees. When all of the cheese is bubbling, I pull it out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Sometimes I sprinkle Parmesan cheese on, sometimes I don't. This makes a great meal, and I have leftovers for the next day.

Because of the carbs in the tomato sauce, I won't be eating this during my two week induction, but I will be adding it in after. These are also things I generally have in the refrigerator, so it makes for an easy meal. Enjoy!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home