Loving the Low-Carb Lifestyle

suggestions, recipes, and ideas for staying low-carb

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Achieving Peace

Last night at 6:00, I began my journey toward achieving peace, both inside, and out. I rejoined my Wednesday night Yoga class for the first time in over a year. It was probably one of the two best things that I have done for myself in the last year. The other best thing that I have done is getting back to my low-carb lifestyle. I have been super busy over the past year. I changed places of employment in July, which has been great. We also started a new business back in April. This is on top of my husband's other business that I help him to run. On any weekday, I leave the house at about 6:45 in the morning, and head off to teach 5th grade. I generally leave there at about 3:15, except on Mondays and Wednesdays, when I do after school tutoring until 3:45. From there, I go to our new business, and work until closing at 8:00. I get home at about 8:30. On Saturday, I work at the business from 9:30 to 5:30. These make for really long days. No matter how hard I have tried over the past year, though, I have not been able to work my schedule to be able to fit in 2 hours a week for Yoga. I actually have a year gym membership that expires in May. I have only been back about 5 times since the new business and jog change. When I paid for the year, I was going 4 or 5 times per week, but not anymore. Last night, from 6:00 to 8:00 was wonderful. I feel relaxed, rejuvenated, and on track toward getting back into shape. Yoga helps your mind achieve peace, and also your body. My body realized in those 2 hours how little I have been taking care of it for the past 14 months. I have been taking care of so many other things, that I forgot to take care of one of the most important things I have. If you feel stressed, and beat down, I highly recommend signing up for a yoga class. I am so excited that I did.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home