Loving the Low-Carb Lifestyle

suggestions, recipes, and ideas for staying low-carb

Monday, January 7, 2008

A Few Observations

Here are a few of my observations concerning the low-carb lifestyle:

Weight loss seems to occur in a strange way for me. I don't know if this is the case for all people, but I notice on myself that I go for what seems to be weeks on the low-carb eating plan without losing a pound. Then, all of a sudden, poof, 5 pounds seem to fall off. It seems like when I don't want to bother with watching what I eat anymore, if I just stick it out for a few more days, it pays off.

I do know one thing, though. I never feel better or have more energy than when I am eating low-carb, and high-protein. I have tried low fat and low calorie diets, but they seem to take away all of my energy. I feel tired all the time, and I also find myself grouchy. Eating a low-carb diet is the complete opposite for me. I find that I have more energy. I think it is because when I consume carbs, I get a false high, and have a great boost in energy for about 30 minutes. For those 30 minutes, I feel great. Unfortunately, the 30 minutes have to end sometime. That's when I hit the low. My options, at this point, are to be extremely tired and moody, or to eat more high-carb foods, and continue the cycle. When I choose not to eat the high-carb foods in the first place, the cycle never begins.

Another thing that I notice is that my skin seems to be clearer and brighter when I am eating foods lower in carbohydrates. This leads me to believe that carbs affect my skin in a negative way. Not just my attitude, energy level, and weight.

Are there certain observations that you have made in relation to the carb dilemma. If you notice that you feel better eating low-carb, by all means stick to it. Even if you never lose a pound, at least your daily life will be affected.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home