Loving the Low-Carb Lifestyle

suggestions, recipes, and ideas for staying low-carb

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Sweet Treat

I have a low-carb version of Watergate Salad that I would like to share with you. The ingredients are simple, and putting it together is simple, as well. You will need:

8 ounces whipped topping
small packet lime jello mix
6 tbsp cottage cheese
3 tbsp crushed pineapple (sweetened with Splenda)

Basically, you mix the above ingredients together in a resealable container, place it in the refrigerator for a few hours, and you have a great sweet treat. If you prefer, you can replace the lime jello with orange, and the pineapple with canned mandarin oranges. Or try your own concoctions. Figure out what you like best, but make sure the fruit that you use is sweetened with Splenda.

I like to keep both lime/pineapple, and orange/mandarin at the house for myself. My only word of advice is not to eat too much. As with all sweets on the low-carb lifestyle, moderation is the key. It is low-carb, but not if you eat the entire bowl!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Tiffany,

You can make this for my anytime and bring to work! Hint! Hint! I love watergate salad and never thought it could be low-carb. Once the baby is here I plan to low-carb it!

Angie :)

January 15, 2008 at 8:27 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

This looks so good!! I plan on making it as a treat for myself Thursday. I've finished day 2 of serious low carb (around 30g). One more day and then I'll see how I'm doing. I might bump it up a little, just so that I don't break down and devour everything in sight. It hasn't been easy, but so far so good.

January 15, 2008 at 9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home