Loving the Low-Carb Lifestyle

suggestions, recipes, and ideas for staying low-carb

Monday, January 18, 2021

Low-Carb Watergate Salad

If you're local to my area, you're probably a regular at Sonny's BBQ. I ALWAYS get the salad bar when I go. I know some people don't want to make their own meal when they go to a restaurant, but I love salad bars and getting to make the perfect salad. Another thing that I love when I go is getting the Watergate Salad. If you don't know what that is, look it up and bask in its beauty... So good, but definitely full of sugar. A few years back, I came up with a low-carb version of this salad, and it's super easy to make.

What you'll need:

8 ounce container of Cool whip

1 packet of sugar free lime Jello mix

6 tbsp Cottage Cheese (full fat)

3 tbsp crushed pineapple (sweetened with Splenda)


What you'll do:

mix above ingredients together and place it in a resealable container

refrigerate for a few hours to allow it to set well

While this is lower carb than the original, you want to avoid eating it all at one time. A spoonful or two a day is a great little treat.

**Note: You can switch out the lime Jello for orange, and exchange the pineapple for mandarin oranges for a totally different flavor.  Try different mixtures and find your favorites!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home