Loving the Low-Carb Lifestyle

suggestions, recipes, and ideas for staying low-carb

Wednesday, February 17, 2021

What are you giving up?

Growing up, I always gave up (or attempted to give up) something for Lent.  While I didn't always know why we do it, I definitely always participated. I had a basic understanding that it was out of a deep respect for Jesus Christ and a way to gain a respect for the Easter season. I've explained it to my girls with an overiew, but this year, I wanted to be able to give them more information. I did a little research, and was happy to be able to give them this information: 

40 days
Lent is the period of 40 days which comes before Easter in the Christian calendar. Beginning on Ash Wednesday, Lent is a season of reflection and preparation before the celebrations of Easter. By observing the 40 days of Lent, Christians replicate Jesus Christ's sacrifice and withdrawal into the desert for 40 days.
In years past, I have given up diet soda, chocolate, sweets, etc. It has always been a food/drink that I can recall.  This year, I'm feeling good about my state of mind, and I started trying to decide what I would give up this year. In the past, I know that once the 40 days was over, I went right back into the habit. I didn't want that to happen this year, so it got me to thinking. What can I give up, and stick with. Then, it hit me! This year, I will be giving up crappy excuses and lack of motivation. 
Check back in over the next few months and let's see what happens when I bust my butt working out, and eat on point every day!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home