Loving the Low-Carb Lifestyle

suggestions, recipes, and ideas for staying low-carb

Wednesday, February 3, 2021

It's Wing Time!

It's Superbowl Weekend! This year, a Florida team is going, so I'm considering watching. Let's be real, though... I'm only interested in the snacks, for the most part. While I love many snacks at a Superbowl party, all snacks are not created equal. Wings are superior in every way! While it's easy to find wing sauces at the grocery store that are low carb, I just love a homemade sauce so much more. If you are buying a sauce, make sure to check the label for hidden sugars. I personally prefer flats to drums, but I won't turn any wing down! I like to cook a few pounds of wings, and here's how I do it. 

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line your wings up on a baking sheet with aluminum foil. I lightly spray the foil to keep them from sticking. I cook them until they are crispy on the outside. This takes about an hour, and you will need to turn them 3 to 4 times during cooking. 

After they are done, I toss them in my homemade buffalo sauce. For my buffalo sauce, I use 2 tbsp butter for every 6 wings. I use 1 to 2 tbsp Louisiana Hot sauce for every 6 wings. I also add a tbsp low-carb ketchup to thicken and lightly sweeten my sauce. Once the wings are done, I mix the amount of sauce I will need, and toss the wings in it.

Finally, put this snack over the top with some homemade ranch or homemade blue cheese dressing, and enjoy!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home